Sexually Transmitted Infection Screening
Temporarily suspended due to COVID-19
STI screening services are available at our Decatur Center. Syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia testing and counseling services are provided on a sliding scale fee. Persons should expect to receive their results about 2 weeks after their screening visit. Once results are in, STI treatment is also provided in Decatur. If you have questions about STI screening or treatment, please call of our counselors.
- Keep condoms out of direct sunlight
- Do not keep them in environments that may get too hot like your car.
- Check the expiration date on the wrapper or box. Do not use expired condoms. They are more likely to break during sex.
- Use pre-lubricated condoms to prevent breakage.
- Use a water based lubricant and not oil-based one (no mineral oil or petroleum) should be used).
- Do not use the same condom more than once.
- Never use more than one condom at a time.